Joe Filisko/doubly thick...

On Thu, 11 Aug 1994, Tim Moody wrote:

> :for them is well worth the price.  He also makes marine bands with double
> :thick reed plates.
>
> Double thick? Could you please explain. I din't realize Joe made his own
> reedplates? I thought he only made the combs and covers.
>

> Tim Moody

Joe does not make his own reed plates.  What he does is stack two of the
same reed plates whether it be from a marine band or an oskar or whatever.

This is something you can do yourself.  It will inrease it's volume 10X
 but seems to be harder on the reeds. Probably due to the increased
distance of reed vibration.

-Chris Michalek