WARNING/CROSSPOST BLUES-L/ POCONO BLUES FESTIVAL

Well,

First a bit of an introduction. I'm an amature guitarist, but I've
(lurkingly till now) joined harp-l because I love the sound of the
harmonica and I'm interested in the performance/recording of the harp.

Ken's crosspost today convinced me I should post the Pocono Blues
Festival review here as well. I won't posty the whole thing (several days
worth at this point) just the reviews and info I think would be of
interest to this group. There were several great harp players performing
- Eddie Burks, Billy Boy Arnold, Sugar Blue (thanx Ken for a great and
accurate review), Peter "Madcat" Ruth (who gave a workshop on Sun.
afternoon), and Kent Miller (who worked with Carol Fran and Clarence
Holliman). My apologies if my lack of knowledge "taints" the reviews.

This warning comes because the initial overview/review (featuring,
eventually, Eddie Burks) is a bit long. Eddie performed a second set,
which I'll also be reviewing (and which was hotter by the way) so you can
skip the first one unless you'd like to know more about the festival.

To reitterate, I'll only post the harmonica reviews.

I enjoy everything except the technical playing information which goes
over my head (but has hipped me to the fact that the harp is more
sophisticated than it seems at first).

Dan Enright
the music guy                             DO YOU HAVE AN EXTRA
Internet Cafe                                   LAMINATE?
dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx