Easy

This weekend I picked up the Sun Records Harmonica Clasics cd, and I
can't stop playing it! My favorite track is the first - "Easy" by Walter
Horton. I've been playing along with it and learning it (he uses a B flat
harp) and I'm wondering how he gets that unearthly sounding tremelo. Is
that something Walter does or an efect he's using? Does anyone know what
kind of amplification he used? The liner notes mention something about
Sam Philips' great use of a tape delay echo on the recording, so maybe
the effect is in the recording?