My first chromatic

Suggestions please for a first chromatic. I am a beginner at harp and am
playing it as a secondary instrument (bass is my main instrument). However I am
finding harp more and more interesting. I have diatonics in A, C, D and G and
am at a level where I can find the notes, play bad 12-bar solos and have some
success at bending.

I would now like to try a chromatic and would welcome suggestions. Preferably
something small and handy, as I don't intend to use it on stage: I would use it
at home for fun, and for picking out things that I hear when I have no bass or
keyboard with me. I haven't tried any, but two models that look right are the
Hohner Slide Harp (is this a full chromatic?) and the 10-hole Hohner
Chromonica. I heard there was a cheap (Hering/Huang?) model which was good
value. Suggestions please.

A second question on bending notes (on diatonic harps). On my Hohner Blues Harp
in D, I can bend the hole 3 draw note down by 2 semitones but cannot reach the
3rd semitone. Similarly, I can get the hole 2 draw down by a first semitone but
not the second, so I can't play the major scale on the four lower holes.
I don't think I can draw any harder but I'll try if that's the solution.
Any hints?

Regards

John