Re: What's this about soaking harps?

Speaking of Tony Glover, I just picked up the new Ray and Glover CD, but
I haven't listened to it yet. I really like their "Ashes in My Whiskey"
from a few years back. Alot of their music is traditional, from the likes
of Jazz Gillum, Joe McCoy, Walter Davis, Sonny Boy W., and sound different
than much of the blues we hear today. It is somewhat layed back (some
acoustic as well as 6 and 12 string, harp, some washboard), but seems to
really have an emotional depth. After all, these guys have been at it for
about 30 years, and have been great influences on a plethora of "blues"
players, including Bonnie Raitt and Bob Dylan. I wish they would bring
Spider John Koerner back into the ring, even though he has a couple of
excellent solo recordings of his own on Red House Records. I, too, learned
from the two Tony "Sun" Glover books.

chris adams
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx