Kevins Harps

 > I'm looking through Kevins harps catalog right now and
 > I noticed an
 > Astatic JT-30c for $16.15. Is this price really right?
 >  or the Shure Green
 > Bullet for $22.50????

 > If these prices really are correct, I'd like to hear
 > what people on this
 > list think and which mikes they prefer...
 >                                                 -Todd

Sigh. Those are *OLD ADS* from the 1940s-50s, silly, and they accompany the
article with the catalog about vintage mics. Kevin sells the *new* JT-30s for
about $70 and the new Green Bullets for about $100, I believe. He also sells
vintage mics, but they start generally at well over $100.
 I use an Astatic for its bright sound. Green Bullets have a thicker sound but
lose a lot more treble. Vocal mics distort less than either of them and are more
versatile if you're playing something more than blues. Also, there's a lot of
good word out there about the new Shaker mics.