Re: mailing list ==> newsgroup?

Paul Brown wrote:

    Listen, I was just wondering if there's some particular reason we couldn't
    form our own newsgroup and use that instead of this mailing list.

    You know, sorta along the lines of rec.music.makers.harmonica?

    Can some people not access news?  I find news a lot nicer to read.

Some people cannot access news, or cannot get it without extra expense and
bother.  A smaller number cannot receive e-mail.

More important is that the tone of the discussion can change dramatically
when it goes to usenet.  The self-selected nature of the list often
disappears, and casual readers flood the discussion with drivel.

Call me a snob if you wish, but I like the list as it is.

    Chuck Karish        karish@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Mindcraft, Inc.     (415) 323-9000 x117