Re: Big Walter Horton

A great Walter Horton album is BIG WALTER HORTON WITH CAREY BELL. Two
masters at their heights.

Someone else mentioned his version of "Easy," which is actually an
instrumental version of "I Almost Lost My Mind." That cut can also be found
on the Sun Harmonica Classics collection (assuming it exists on CD). It's
an excellent collection, mostly Walter, Dr. Ross and others like Hot Shot
Love and so on.

(That's also an answer to the question of someone earlier, on this list or
the blues list, I don't remember which, who asked about Sun blues).

Horton was paid $3 for that session, plus a quarter to buy a harp --
something to remember next time someone talks about the "great" Sun
Records.

Ken Ficara                                            ficara@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
       AOL: KenFicara / Compu$erve: 71311,1461 / Prodigy: (NOT!)