Re: Blues Artists - photos

  I think I just bought this past weekend the songbook Shankar mentioned
just briefly.  Its called "Blues Harp Songbook" by Tony 'Harp Dog' Glover.
This book provides the harp notation for a nice selection of songs,
including a bunch of jug band songs.  What's irritating is that sometimes
he includes the lyrics and other times you just get the starting line so
you can place yourself in the song.  Standard notation is not included.
The publishing address is:

Music Sales Corp.
225 Park Ave. South
New York, NY 10003

  This book overall is alright but the McClevy book is the more desirable,
professional book.  I wish there were more like it.

  I have a question about the Glover book.  It mentions a recording of
most of the songs that are detailed in the book.  Does this offer still
exist?  The inside cover mentions a place you can send a check to for the
music, but the copyright on this book is 1975.

--Norbert

P.S.:  Why does Tony 'Harp Dog' always seem in desperate need of a shower?