Re: Re: BLOWN REEDS

> I have a Marine Band and a Pocket Pal in C.  I can't seem to get a clear note
> out of 8 draw.  I can get a good 9 draw so I thought it wasn't that it it was
> so high. Is 8 draw a usual trouble spot?
>
>         I would like to get another harp, one in the key of D.  I like the
> pocket pals plastic comb and was wondering what if the Pocket Pal was availabl
> in the key of D?  What other harps have plastic combs?  Also, when I get one,
This is the only question I can answer.  Hohner's Golden Melody has a plastic
comb and I like the feel of it.
> how long should I take to break it in?  How much easy playing do I need to do
> before I can wail on it?
I don't know the lower limit.  I usually play easy for about 15 minutes before
trying to bend any notes.  But even then I try bending slowly at first.

|Richard A. Murphy          U14663@xxxxxxxxxxxx                   |
|University of Illinois                                           |
|  at Chicago                                                     |