Re: Bill Dicey

I'm not sure how he died, but I know it happened this year. Tom Erickson, a freind of mine played at some kind of tribute concert for him ,
another local player ands friend of mine, played at some kind of tribute
show (or it might have been his funeral). His son Joe is a very good local
guitar player. They used to sell Dicey's tape at The House of Musical
Traditoins (or House of Musical Ripoffs - what I call it!) in Takoma Park.

I met Dicey once, at the 1991 Washington Folklore Society harmonica
workshop. Actually, I shared the stage with him. He was retty amazing - he
played a c harp in five keys of blues. I still only know three positions, and
back then I only knew two and rarely used first!