A variety

I've got a bunch of things to hit this time.

Simon:  My favorite place to play is probably here in my dorm room,
I'm still to shy with my playing to do to much in public.  The
bathroom in the dorm also has great accoustics, but I don't usually go
in there to harp....8-).

I looked in Disc Jockey for Harp albums this weekend, in particular, I
looked for Lee Oskar.  I did not see the album, but in the Phonolog he
was listed as having one album ("Before the Rain"--I think.).  Has
anyone heard this or any other of his stuff?  Would it be worth
ordering?

In an earlier post I mentioned the guy who plays harp on Tanya
Tucker's song "Down to my Last Teardrop".  I don't know if any of you
are country fans, but his name is Terry McMillan, anyone heard of him.
I kind of like his sound (I go for all types of music).

Anyone remember Julian Lennon's album "Valotte"?  Remember the video
for "It's Much to Late for Goodbye"?  In it Julian played the harp.  I
found the old tape last month and looked inside the cover.  Toots
Thielemans is actually the one who did the harpin'.  I thought that
was kind of interesting.  Of course that one song is the only one with
harp in it; just like "..Last Tear Drop" by Tanya Tucker and "Moanin'
Lisa Blues" on Simpson's Sing the Blues (one only song each with
harp).

People have been talking about posting music lately.  Also, I believe
Ken brought this up, there may be a problem notating rhythm.  Well,
someone smarter than I will have to figure that one out, but I do have
a request that will go around the rhythm problem.  I have been in the
mood for Christmas music lately and it is getting close to that
season.  So if anyone has any neat Christmas ditties they would care
to share . . . Post 'em.  I think most of us should know how the main
ones go (i.e. "Jingle Bells", "Silent Night", etc).  Also, does anyone
have the music for "Happy Birthday"?

Skip, I got the video today.  When I get done with it I'll pass it on
. . . Thanks.

Thanks to all,

Chris
pierccm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx