Re: Congratulations Steve!

>   You probably know Musselwhite lays this out in the
> old "Harmonica According to Musselwhite" book; I'd figured out the cycle of
> fifths logic from his ordering there.  His treatment of positions is
> horrible, though, because he just gives the major scales in each position
> (using x's for the notes you can't get):  he should have done this for the
> minor scales and (most of all, given his genre) the blues scale.  Anyway,
> I've got to get that Levy tape el pronto.

I learned a lot about positions from that book, and from Charlie's other
book, "Power Harp."  But not enough.  I agree that his charts and scales
aren't very useful.

I made up some charts that I find useful, that illustrate the major,
dominant 7th, dorian minor, and blues scales for the first 6 positions.
They show the available notes for each scale, including bent notes, but
not including overblows.  I don't think they would do raw beginners
much good, but if you already know your way around the harp they provide
a reference for working out.

I'll send a copy to anybody who wants one enough to send me a self-
addressed, stamped envelope.  There's no text, just charts.  If you
are familiar with scales, you'll figure it out.

Mail your SASE to:  George Mayhew, 17522 Independence Ct.,
Brook Park, OH 44142.

I ordered Howard Levy's video yesterday.  I hope it gets here soon.

George