To answer Brian's question...hopefully...

	On the ten hole harmonica in the key of C, you have the following
notes, in the BLOW, THEN DRAW, order:

Hole	BLOW	DRAW
 1	 C	 D
 2	 E	 G
 3	 G	 B
 4	 C	 D
 5	 E	 F
 6	 G	 A
 7	 C	 B
 8	 E	 D
 9	 G	 F
10	 C	 A

	As you can see, holes 4-7 give you the whole C scale.  This would be
true for any key you purchase the harp in. (4-7 in a G harp gives you a G
scale)

	As for more information on harmonica playing, there are quite a few
books out there, and I have included my list of titles that I find useful.

	"Country & Blues Harmonica for the Musically Hopeless", by Jon Gindick.
It comes with a tape and a 'C' harp., and costs around $12.
	Don't laugh, I found this to be EXTREMELY helpful on explaining
	music theory.

	"The Harmonica: A fabulous New Book and Cassette for beginners on how
to play the Harp or Diatonic Harmonica", by Don Baker.  It comes with a tape.
	Really good effects, although the narrator os rather dull sounding.

	"Mel Bay presents Blues Harp for Diatonic and Chromatic Harmonica", by
Phil Duncan.  Costs $6.95.  Pretty good, although I found Gindick's book to be
the best for REALLY NEW musicians.  The blow and draw notation are not really
clear, at first, but once you have that down...not too shabby.

	I play the harmonica, Cross Harp style, so I get a blues sound, by
accenting the draw notes.  If I want to play cross harp on a C harmonica, I
will actually be playing in the key of G.  Since you said something about
having a harp in the key of E, when you play cross harp, you count up 5,
including the letter you started with.  E - F - G - A - B.  You would be
playing in the key of B.  A good blues harp would be D, which means that your
guitar accompaniment would play in the key of A.

	If you have any questions, I will try my best to answer.

	Now, I have a harp question:
	I am looking for any books put out by Alan "Blackie" Schackner, but
especially "BLUES HARP AND MARINE BAND", or the title COULD be, "Everything You
Ever Wanted To Know About Blues Harp, But Didn't Know Who To Ask"
	I have seen this book, and I find it to be the most informative book I
have found so far.  Any information about the man, or his written works, would
be greatly appreciated!!

	Also, any other Harp Players out there recommending books? (Cross or
slant harp)  Thanks.  Also, could someone please explain the difference between
cross harp and slant harp?

     {*}
     /
    /  Mr. Wizard