Re: BHF '93 and such....

> >commercial, and some show on USA which I caught after the title had
> >been shown (I was flipping and I stopped when I heard harp), it looked
> >like the typically crime solving show (like Hunter), with an American
> >Indian in the lead (I think).
>
> The crime show could have been (but probably wasn't) one called "Sonny
> Spoon" which was on a few (3 or 4) years ago, but I really haven't heard
> anything about it recently.  The one episode I saw had a cool intro in
> which the camera showed a pair of hands in black leather gloves driving out
> some pretty hip rhythms with a metal spoon before a solo harmonica started
> wailing over them.  The show itself didn't really impress me though, and I
> believe it only lasted one season, if that.

I saw this too, James, when it was showing in Zim. earlier this year.
As you say, pretty mediocre show, but what an intro!  In South
Africa, it's amazing how many commercials  have a harp somewhere in
the background, often hidden under a lot of other stuff, but it's
there.

Simon

Simon Walsh
03 Feb - 15 June & 15 Jul - 19 Nov:    g92w5505@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
College House/P. Bag 1028/Rhodes University/Grahamstown 6140
South Africa          (27-)   0461-22425

20 Nov - 02 Feb & 16 Jun - 14 Jul:     swalsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
32 Garlands Ride/Northwood/Harare/Zimbabwe  (263-)4-884308

This is a man who  |       ___
was truely         |     /  - \\
destined to fly    |     \____/ \\
                   |  / XXXXXX    /    )