[Harp-L] Harp amp recommendations (Robert Piscura)

Peter Beck kpfbeck@xxxxx
Mon Sep 5 21:24:18 EDT 2022

Dear Bob,

First, I apologize for not addressing your actual request, which concerned
amplifiers. But you might find the solution to your frustration in an EQ
pedal, rather than an entirely new amp.

I follow this advice for setting up my EQ pedal, and I regret to say that
I've lost the name of the person who originally posted it; all credit to
him or her:

Harp Freq Response = 174 – 3135 hz [not inc overtones] overtones is
probably the reason u must concern yrslf freq higher than 3135hz
------------------
Put the Boss GE-7 first in the chain (after the wireless receiver)
Put 1600k knob (3rd from the right) all the way down.
-----------------
100hz: If u r playing live, u can remove some of this
because that is bass player territory.
-----------------
200hz and 400hz:
This is where the low mids of the harp lives.
It depends on the harp and the amp, but a boost here is useful.
----------------
800hz: level it at 0.
---------------
1.6khz:
Where the definition of harp lives.
Boost here to cut the mix better.
3.2khz:
remove a few db from here
if your tone knob does not go this far
6.4khz:
remove 5db to 10db. u dont use this frequencies
but your mic can pick it up really fast (feedback)
Gain: This is the trick. If you put down the gain by -10db...
u get a Mojo Pad
It is the same principle, lowering the gain b4 the amp,
so that would help a lot.
Shrieking, piercing feedback, [ 4k-10k]
or a real crunchy, tinny sounds can be addressed in this band.

Hope you find this helpful.

Peter Beck

kpfbeck at xxxxx

[image: width=]