[Harp-L] The harps and FX I used to record "96 Tears"

Richard Hunter rhunter377@xxxxx
Sun May 14 08:52:15 EDT 2017

Hi all,

My record "The Lucky One" closes with a cover of Question Mark and the
Mysterians's "96 Tears."  I decided to cover that song after I improvised a
few killer harp lines for it last summer, and the recording sounds like
something the Velvet Underground might have done if the Velvet Underground
had included a few highly capable harmonica players armed with a lot of
wobble and distortion FX.

I'm doing a series of blog posts on how every song on "The Lucky One" was
recorded, and this week it's about "96 Tears."  You can find out how the
harps were arranged and recorded here:

http://www.hunterharp.com/the-harps-and-fx-i-used-to-record-96-tears/

Enjoy.

Regards, Richard Hunter

--
Check out our 21st Century rock harmonica record "The Lucky One" at
https://www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardhunter

Author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)