[Harp-L] Saxony spring

Joseph Leone 3n037@xxxxx
Wed May 3 13:48:48 EDT 2017

You may have gotten unlucky BUT this model is relatively new, so time will tell. We have to watch and see how many people have this problem.
You ‘may’ be able to do something I have been doing since 1956. Replace the spring with a #2 safety pin. That’s the one that is about 1 1/2” long,
(38mm). The legs, when open will have a departure angle of roughly 45 degrees. You may have to adjust to suit the amount of tension you prefer.
IOW spread legs and tension goes UP, Squeeze them together and tension goes DOWN. Choose high quality pin, chrome plated, preferably a
quilt makers pin.

smo-joe