[Harp-L] Quick Last Dance With Mary Jane Question

Michael Rubin michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxx
Wed Mar 29 10:35:08 EDT 2017

Why not play it on a C harp?

Because this is a top forty song that features harmonica.

If you do not play it as Petty's band does you will be heralded in
harmonica circles. All the harmonica players will think you are a genius.

The rest of the audience will wonder if there is something wrong with you.

But, play it as Petty's band does and the harmonica players will complain
that the guy in Petty's band is one step below Bob Dylan and spend a half
an hour ragging on Dylan's playing.

The rest of the audience will think you are a hero.

It is your choice.  Be considered a genius by your peers or get to know
that cute fan.
Michael Rubin
michaelrubinharmonica.com