[Harp-L] Quick Last Dance With Mary Jane Question

Laurent Vigouroux laurentHarp@xxxxx
Wed Mar 29 10:57:52 EDT 2017

Hello Michael and all

Pretty good reasons indeed !

Laurent

De : Michael Rubin [mailto:michaelrubinharmonica at xxxxx]
Envoyé : 29 mars 2017 16:35
À : Jim Rumbaugh <jrumbaug at xxxxx>
Cc : Laurent Vigouroux <laurentHarp at xxxxx>; patpowers <patpowers at xxxxx>; harp-l <harp-l at xxxxx>
Objet : Re: [Harp-L] Quick Last Dance With Mary Jane Question

Why not play it on a C harp?

Because this is a top forty song that features harmonica.

If you do not play it as Petty's band does you will be heralded in harmonica circles. All the harmonica players will think you are a genius.

The rest of the audience will wonder if there is something wrong with you.

But, play it as Petty's band does and the harmonica players will complain that the guy in Petty's band is one step below Bob Dylan and spend a half an hour ragging on Dylan's playing.

The rest of the audience will think you are a hero.

It is your choice.  Be considered a genius by your peers or get to know that cute fan.

Michael Rubin

michaelrubinharmonica.com <http://michaelrubinharmonica.com>