[Harp-L] video clip of Kalamazoo Model 1 amp

William Lifford william.lifford@xxxxx
Wed Mar 29 23:38:34 EDT 2017

Hi Harp-L,

Here's a Here is a video of me testing my Kalamazoo Model 1 amplifier for
blues harp with two different microphones and using a few different key
harmonicas. The Kalamazoo is a great-sounding little harp amp. It usually
comes with an 8" speaker but this particular one has a 10" Jensen alnico
speaker.

The Kalamazoo has a lot of grit and bark for such a small amp. There are
only volume and tone controls -- weirdly enough, the tone control is also
the on/off switch -- and the amp works great either with the volume cranked
and the tone relatively low, or the volume low and the tone cranked up. I
prefer it with the volume cranked high and the tone control set low.

For the last two parts of the clip, I'm also using the "Squeal Killer"
antifeedback device.

Mics used:

Astatic "Biscuit" MC-151 crystal element.
Astatic JT-30 mic with white-label controlled reluctance element

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
https://www.youtube.com/embed/tx2CYDss6xw" frameborder="0"
allowfullscreen></iframe>