[Harp-L] Your Tribute to James Cotton

William Lifford william.lifford@xxxxx
Thu Mar 23 13:07:55 EDT 2017

Hi Leonard,

I don't have tab for the piece I played, as I was kind of making it up as I
go along.  Well, to be more specific, I put it together on the spot using
some riffs that Cotton played in "The Creeper".

You could definitely do the song on an A harmonica.  I used an Ab because
that's what key I bought the Lucky 13 in, but The Creeper is in E using an
A harmonica in second position (playing "crossed").  If you use his song as
a reference use an A harp... and if you use mine, use an Ab.

I think the best way I can help you is that you could ask me questions
about parts were having problems with, and I could try to tell you what I
am doing or what James Cotton is doing. If you have an iPhone you can use
the voice recorder and record what you're playing so I can hear what to
advise you on.

 If that might work for you, email me back and I'll get you my cell number.

Bill