[Harp-L] Toots

Vern jevern@xxxxx
Tue Mar 21 19:33:17 EDT 2017

I saw a video of Toots playing a chromatic and fingering the frets of a guitar while his drummer strummed the strings.  Knowing that he played both instruments well, I wrote to him suggesting that he should play the Hands-Free-Chromatic.

He sent me a hand-written note declining my offer to send him one. He indicated that his purpose was not to make music but to get laughs.  The note gave me reason to question if he understood the concept of the HFC, but because he was nearing the end of his career, I didn’t press it.  It was very nice of him to respond to my solicitation.

Vern