[Harp-L] James Cotton RIP

Michael Peloquin peloquinharp@xxxxx
Fri Mar 17 16:56:21 EDT 2017

cool story Richard -

RIP Cotton-

I loved his playing on Muddy's Hard Again and the other Blue Sky recording that was produced by Johnny Winter around that time.

Cotton & Johnny had really great musical chemistry.

Michael Peloquin

Check out my new DVD sets: Pro Harmonica/Pro Saxophone Secrets Made Simple<http://harpsax.com/>  http://harpsax.com<http://harpsax.com/>

________________________________
From: Harp-L <harp-l-bounces at xxxxx> on behalf of Richard Hunter <rhunter377 at xxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2017 6:33 AM
To: harp-l at xxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] James Cotton RIP

Cotton had a huge sound, and it made an impression on me.

In 1979, I went to Nashville to do a "masterclass" session for oak
publications with Charlie mcCoy and Cotton.  At one point in the session,
McCoy--who had studied Little Walter very carefully--told me that he'd
always regretted not meeting Walter, but after spending a couple of hours
with Cotton, he felt like he had.

Regards, Richard Hunter

"The Lucky One" 21st century rock harmonica project at
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/richard-hunter-s-the-lucky-one/x/5259889#/
Author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)