[Harp-L] All Overbends Are Not Created Equal?

Sébastien Frémal sebastien.fremal@xxxxx
Fri Mar 17 09:36:47 EDT 2017

Here are my personnal observations :
- Doing overbend is more easy on a C harmonica than on a G harmonica (you
must bend hard to get the overblow) or a F harmonica (it requires more
delicacy and precision). Such as regular bends by the way.
- It's more easy to do overblows than overdraws on a F harmonica, and it's
more easy to do overdrawss than overblows on a G harmonica (except for that
7 motherf**** overdraw ha ha)
- 5 overblow and 7 overdraw are the most difficult notes to reach. 7
overdaw is more difficult than 5 overblow.
- Gap is the most primordial set-up technic to reach overbends. I've not
experimented that, but I think embossing can also be really useful.