[Harp-L] Seeking applicants for a Youth Scholarship to the 2017 SPAH Convention

Jerry Deall jdeall@xxxxx
Tue Mar 7 15:12:21 EST 2017

Friends,

For the past several years, SPAH has sponsored 5 young harmonica players with a scholarship to the SPAH convention. This year, we will be doing the same and want to invite you to reach out to your communities to invite young people to submit an application. The SPAH Youth Committee will make several awards to suitable applicants to attend the 2017 SPAH convention in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Awards will cover rooming costs at the SPAH convention hotel for the nights of Tuesday, August 15, through Saturday, August 19, and will include convention registration for each award recipient and a guardian, if required.

Applicants must be 21 years old or younger. Each award recipient will be asked to perform at the convention and will be required to contribute some of his or her time to support SPAH Youth activities at the convention. This might include selling raffle tickets for prizes given at the Saturday night banquet and show, or staffing the Youth information table during the week.

Harmonica players interested in applying should complete the application form. Applicants must also submit a sample of their playing along with the application. Priority will be given to applicants who have not been selected previously, but all applicants are welcome! Please note that we are interested in players who show promise as well as those who are more polished in their performance!

The scholarship application, is available on the SPAH website here:

http://www.spah.org/content.asp?contentid=100

We know that this experience changes lives, so please do what you can to reach out to any young players that you know.

See you in Tulsa, I hope!

Join us at the 2017 SPAH Convention: Hyatt Regency Tulsa, August 15-19, 2017

Jerry
SPAH Secretary