[Harp-L] What first attracted you to harmonica? Why did you learn to play it?

flyingv8@xxxxx flyingv8@xxxxx
Mon Mar 6 06:15:03 EST 2017

 When I was 21 there was a new baby in the house and I knew that the band days were over. For awhile at least! I took up the harp and learned a few songs but I didn't know how to bend notes and gave it up. Later at age 55 I was recovering from ulcerative colitis and needed to make some music. It was difficult to play the harp with inflamed intestines but I loved the sound and having the instrument with me all the time. I played my first gig on harp with a band last night and it was amazing! I truly believe that the attraction has something to do with my Polish heritage. The sound of the free reeds touches me deeper than any instrument I have ever played.
Dee Makowski
Dee's Finely Tuned Instruments
Erie,PA.
www.deesfti.com