[Harp-L] Overbending vs. Half-Valving

Bob Marsolais bob@xxxxx
Sat Mar 4 23:52:01 EST 2017

Thank you everyone who responded!  I see now that the premise of my question
was wrong - full chromaticity on a diatonic isn't really important.  Instead
the concern should be what kind of music and tone I'm after.  Overbending is
used so often, it's pretty much an essential skill if I want to be a
respectable harp player.  That skill, combine with the knowledge of various
harp tunings like Gary mentioned, will lead me to the appropriate harp.

So much to learn, so little patience!

---