[Harp-L] Jazz crossover tunes

Steve Hayes bigbandrhythm@xxxxx
Sat Mar 4 21:54:52 EST 2017

Don't Get Around Much Anymore is playable in 12th position without
overblows. Start on 6 draw.

Starting on draw 7 In second position you have a 4 consecutive overblows on
hole 5 in measure seven of the bridge.

It plays great in 2nd position starting on 3 draw with on a Lucky 13, a
Seydel Pro 12, or any SBS-type harp without overblows.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Hunter
Sent: Friday, March 03, 2017 11:56 AM
To: harp-l at xxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Jazz crossover tunes

Robert Hale wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 10:32 AM, Michelle LeFree <
>mlefree at xxxxx> wrote:

>> "Don't Get Around Much Any More."

>Hi Michelle,

>I DO like that one! and have played it at jazz events. You're right, fun
>tune.

Tom Ball performed a solo harmonica arrangement of this piece a few years
ago at SPAH, and it was delightful--equal parts country blues and swing-era
jazz.  As I recall, Big Walter Horton also recorded a version of this piece
with accompaniment. Either way, it's a can't-miss number for either
diatonic or chromatic harp.

Regards, Richard Hunter
--
"The Lucky One" 21st century rock harmonica project at
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/richard-hunter-s-the-lucky-one/x/5259889#/