[Harp-L] What first attracted you to harmonica? Why did you learn to play it?

Dennis Michael Montgomery gaulay2@xxxxx
Sat Mar 4 21:44:20 EST 2017

Correction Brownie McGhee and Sonny Terry.

    On Saturday, March 4, 2017 7:42 PM, Dennis Michael Montgomery <gaulay2 at xxxxx> wrote:

 With me my love for the harmonica didn't happened all at once. My first inkling that this was a real musical instrument that you could make real music with was when I first heard Sonny and Terry. Until then I didn't realize you could generate so much energy and excitement with two simple acoustic instruments. Later on it was Charlie McCoy who push me over the edge of enthusiasm with his version of the Orange Blossom Special. To make my love permanent was Little Walter.