[Harp-L] Harmonicaster Auction Charity Recipient Suggestions Requested

Jerry Deall jdeall@xxxxx
Thu Mar 2 08:24:36 EST 2017

You may want consider,  Blue Star Connection.
They provide musical instruments to children and young adults with cancer and other serious challenges.

http://bluestarconnection.org

Jerry
Secretary SPAH
Join us at the 2017 SPAH Convention: Hyatt Regency Tulsa, August 15-19, 2017

-----Original Message-----

From: autothreads at xxxxx
To: harp-l at xxxxx
Sent: 2017-03-02 6:03:38 AM
Subject: [Harp-L] Harmonicaster Auction Charity Recipient Suggestions Requested

Starting next week I should start getting the final revisions to the
designs for the production version of the Harmonicaster electric
harmonica. I expect to start limited production in the next couple of
months and I'm tentatively planning on showing at the summer NAMM show
in Nashville and then at the SPAH convention in August.

To promote the launch, I'm thinking of auctioning off serial number 001,
with any proceeds beyond the MSRP going to a suitable charity or
charities. I figure it's a once in a lifetime opportunity for a
harmonica enthusiast to own a piece of what I'm hoping will be musical
history. Imagine being able to buy the first electric guitar that came
off of Leo Fender's assembly line.

As far as what charitable organization will receive the proceeds, right
now I'm leaning towards a couple of children's hospitals but I'd also
like to consider music related charities, perhaps those that educate
kids about music or something that helps retired musicians.

If you have any suggestions, please feel free to offer them.