[Harp-L] Washington Post: The Death of the Electric Guitar

Rick Dempster rickdempster33@xxxxx
Sun Jun 25 08:41:03 EDT 2017

Dunno about all this. The (upright, acoustic) bass player in my band who
plays every Thursday (for the last four years) is 24.
When some of my age-wise contemporary players can't make it, I have his
mates depping. They are all "college"
mod-jazz grads who can play Bluegrass, 20s jazz and pop, Hawaiian,
Calypso,blues, hillbilly, or anything
else. There is a whole movement here of young cats who dig ancient stuff,
and can play the hell out of it.
I'm 64. Some of these blokes have played in my son's bands (read
funk-metal) and they are in their 20s.
Don't worry; just stick with what you're doing.
RD