[Harp-L] Irish Music at SPAH

Richard Sleigh rrsleigh@xxxxx
Tue Jun 20 11:39:20 EDT 2017

Hi Everyone,

I'll be teaching Irish music at the Filisko Teach in this year at SPAH in
Tulsa. I'll be focusing on the diatonic in richter and paddy richter
tuning. I will be bringing a collection of tunes formatted in Sheet music
with tab that you can take home with you, and will be basing some of the
class on Brendan Power's course that includes some great session tunes.

I have a way of working with the tunes that is a combination of pucker and
tongue blocking that switches between the two embouchures that I will get
into in great detail. Plus counting out the various jigs, double and slip
jigs, reels, polkas, etc.

James Conway is a hard act to follow but he is also advising me on how to
approach teaching some of the fine points of the music. We have worked
together a few times on this topic over the years, and I'm psyched about
going to SPAH to work with anyone who wants to get into this genre...