[Harp-L] IOS Synths for the DM-48

Stephen subdomaintain@xxxxx
Tue Jun 13 18:12:52 EDT 2017

What's up Gary!  Did you acquire one of these too...a dream come true for exploration of altered timings!

The Thor soundbank works awesomely and the programming is very good.  I'm in love with the flugelhorn patch.  These are not exact emulations but there are many satisfying usable sounds.  I will post some audio/video in another day or so.

I also purchased the Korg M1 soundbanks today.  These sounds require some additional steps because the Korg app doesn't recognize breath controller data.  You need an app called midi flow and its controller mapping feature which is an in app purchase ($10 total).  Then you have to remap the breath controller data into aftertouch (or channel pressure).

I don't think it's too difficult but I'm about to find out this evening.

Anyway, my guess is that these wind controller sound banks are among the best available as far as iPad soft synths are concerned.

Sent from my iPhone