[Harp-L] Gaskets versus Flat Sanding

flyingv8@xxxxx flyingv8@xxxxx
Fri Jun 9 11:05:03 EDT 2017

I have had this question on my mind ever since I started making gaskets for harmonicas. A couple of top notch players/customizers who are proponents of flat sanding have told the me that gaskets are basically worthless. Players continue to buy them from me and have found that they do improve the response and tone of the harp. My question? If flat sanding improves the playability of a harmonica why wouldn't gaskets?
Thanks to all who have purchased them from me for your support! It is truly appreciated and allows me to continue innovating!
Dee
Dee's Finely Tuned Instrumemnts
Erie,PA.
www.deesfti.com