[Harp-L] Questions about the Hohner Harmonetta.

Matthew Bullis matthewbullisaz@xxxxx
Sat Jun 3 04:51:40 EDT 2017

Hello from Phoenix. I've apparently gone harmonica crazy this past week
or so, researching and buying some unique instruments. I found info
about the Harmonetta, which hasn't been produced for years. I found some
nice Youtube demos of the sound the instrument produces. Since I'm
blind, pictures don't do me any good, so could you describe what this
instrument looks like? Is it the shape of a melodica, or a boxy
instrument like a concertina? Is it heavy? I found that about ten years
ago, there were postings in the concertina forum and a few other places
where some of these came up for sale on EBay, selling and listing
between $400 and $700. Do they still come up for sale in good and
playable condition? If you are a Harmonetta player, do you enjoy the
instrument? Have you made modifications on the reeds to make some things
better? I heard these weren't easy to repair if they break down. Thoughts?

Thanks for any info.

Matthew