[Harp-L] my new jazzy-blues album

Konstantin Kolesnichenko wheel.k@xxxxx
Sat Jul 15 14:33:42 EDT 2017

Hello friends!
Yesterday PT Gazell posted a wonderful review of my last album "Minor
Differences". I'm very grateful for that! But I want to post a little by
myself.

The recording became possible thanks to your interest in my previous
album. I received a lot of positive comments from all over the world
(even from my harmonica heroes! Many thanks to Jason Ricci, Pierre
Lacocque, PT Gazell for your support and kindness), some cool magazines
wrote about it, and the song from this album even made it to the BBC
(many thanks to Paul Jones).

My new album "Minor Differences" logically follows my previous album. It
has the same vintage and sentimental feel. It has the same beautiful
musicians (It wouldn't be possible without you guys)! Some songs were in
my mind for a long time, but I was not ready to record them up until now.
It's a very natural and alive recording. We recorded it in two days in
April. As a big fan of the old Prestige jazzy-blues records (some call
it soul-jazz), I tried to reproduce the sound, length, design and song's
choise of the great albums of 50s and 60s. And wise and kind David Mac
from (http://www.bluesjunctionproductions.com/) wrote beautiful liner notes!

In this album I changed my approach to harmonica in some ways.I tried
unusual harmonica positions and the most important thing is that I
played the whole album on half-valved harmonicas (Gazell method). And it
felt so natural to me! It's my language. I think it's interesting and
unussual because I played amplifed on all tracks.

Your interest to this album is very important to me being an independent
musician from Ukraine. I'm happy that I'm integrated to the beautiful
community of music lovers all over the world. I'm so grateful for that
and I hope you like my new album.
For now my album is available on
http://dwmmusic.com/konstantin-kolesnichenko-quartet-minor-differences/
(BTW super cool shop!),
https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/konstantinkolesnichenko4 and amazon mp3. But
soon It will be available on itunes, googlemusic and tradebit.

Have a nice weekend!

--
Konstantin Kolesnichenko, Dnipro, Ukraine
http://kolesnichenko-harmonica.com/