[Harp-L] Reed slot clearing

Vern jevern@xxxxx
Mon Jan 30 20:24:16 EST 2017

The first one will cost you $10-15 but all the others are practically free.

You can get a feeler gauge and use scissors to cut off six or eight pieces off the .0015” leaf.
https://www.amazon.com/OEMTOOLS-25025-Blade-Master-Feeler/dp/B000BYGIR4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1485825630&sr=8-1&keywords=feelers+gauge

Or you can go to McMaster-Carr on the net and buy a piece of .001” SS shim stock. It is better, harder steel than the anti-theft strips. This will give you more than a lifetime supply!
Besides the $7.25 for the page-sized sheet of steel, they’ll charge you about $7 for shipping. It will come in just a couple of days via UPS.

8" × 12"
0.001"	±0.00005"	ASTM A666	9011K812 <https://www.mcmaster.com/#9011K812>	7.25
 <https://www.mcmaster.com/#>Thickness tolerance  length x width   Part #        price
                                   material