[Harp-L] Interesting book

Jerry Deall jdeall@xxxxx
Thu Jan 26 11:12:45 EST 2017

Pam is a friend of a High School friend of mine and I did a (very) small bit of review for her.

This is the inside flap of the book I received from Pam:

Lost and alone in the forbidden Black Forest, Otto meets three mysterious sisters and suddenly finds himself entwined in a puzzling quest involving a prophecy, a promise, and a harmonica.

Decades later, Friedrich in Germany, Mike in Pennsylvania, and Ivy in California each become interwoven when the very same harmonica lands in their lives, binding them by a thread of destiny. All the children face daunting challenges: rescuing a father, protecting a brother, holding a family together. How their suspenseful solo stories converge in an orchestral crescendo will resound in your heart long after the last note has been struck.

Richly imagined and structurally innovative, ECHO pushes the boundaries of form and shows us what is possible in how we tell stories. The result is a virtuosic, wildly original, genre-defying tour de force that could only come from storytelling maestro Pam Muñoz Ryan.

Pam is blind copied here so she can see the Harp Community's interest.

Regards Jerry Deall,
SPAH Secretary