[Harp-L] Manufacturers' Reed/slot Tolerances

Gary Lehmann gnarlyheman@xxxxx
Mon Jan 23 01:06:17 EST 2017

I know better than to contradict Mr. Power--and heck, I play a lot of
Special 20s, I have no objections to playing Hohners.
But Suzuki harps are airtight by virtue of their close tolerances,
including gapping--and I agree, they were not nearly as good 20 years ago.
Of course, I don't have a microscope, doggone it . . .
Or a Sjoeberg tuning machine, too bad my budget is limited.
BTW, Koei Tanaka's tone is insanely good--just got back from
NAMM--daaammmmmn . . .