[Harp-L] Soul and Harmonica

Aongus Mac Cana amaccana@xxxxx
Tue Jan 17 10:15:41 EST 2017

It was Rick Epping at the Willie Clancy Summer School who first gave me
insight into the fact that when you play (or in my case try to play) the
harmonica you are part of the instrument. If you think that it is just a
matter of blowing and sucking through the tin sandwich it is like putting
four violin strings on a two by four and expecting it to sound like a
Stradivarius.

Now I knew why I had the talent of being able to make the best of harmonicas
sound like something bought in the dollar shop.

When I can involve my lungs and airways as the necessary sound box I can
produce an acceptable sound now and then. Alas it was a bit late in life
that I made this discovery.

Beannachtai

Aongus Mac Cana