[Harp-L] Soul and Harmonica

Shubham Harnal shubham.harnal@xxxxx
Mon Jan 16 04:25:23 EST 2017

Talking of poems, I had this one tucked in somewhere on my computer:

Inhale and exhale as an erratic constant
Really an afterthought
A muscle memory
Learned so it can be forgotten
Lips compressing contorting convulsing constraining
Pressing pushing pulsing pausing
Thrusting twisting slipping sliding
Eyes bulging
Cheeks straining
Forehead sweating
Body sweating
Face contorts distorts and legs resist the pressure
Against a thin piece of metal that
Left to its own devices is nothing
Nothing at all
Nothing without the other
And a single note emerging
Loose… loose in the room
The room is filled
Lonely loathing gloating soulful
Shaky swoony swanky squeaky
Boasting bragging bashful barking
Now barely audible
A single note
A single note instantly recognizable for what it is
The entire meaning of a person’s existence

No Idea who wrote or where it came from.

Kind Regards,
Shubham Harnal