[Harp-L] Soul and Harmonica

Richard Hunter rhunter377@xxxxx
Mon Jan 16 03:28:13 EST 2017

BB wrote:
<My harmonica is alive.
<Early in the quiet morning, when I am gentle, it teaches me new things.
<Such a humble instrument with insight into breath and sound.

Lovely little poem. And so true.

After 50 years playing the instrument, the single thing I hear most in it
is the sound of breath.  It's the sound of breath that animates every note
that comes from the instrument, even when that note is transformed with a
battery of electronics.

And as the author notes, 'early in the quiet morning" is the right time to
pick up the instrument, every day.  Mississippi Fred McDowell taught his
students to roll out of bed and pick up the guitar while their minds were
wide-open.  The smae applies to harmonica.

Thanks, Richard Hunter

--
"The Lucky One" 21st century rock harmonica project at
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/richard-hunter-s-the-lucky-one/x/5259889#/