[Harp-L] Personal powered monitors

Vern jevern@xxxxx
Sun Jan 8 15:23:07 EST 2017

IF I had your problem, I would consider an in-ear monitor implemented with a Studio 1 AM-300 Audio Monitor.

- Battery powered... one 9V.
- Belt clip
- XLR input and output for your harp mic.  Passes mic signal through with no effect by monitor settings.
- Red power on/off pilot light.
- Amplified monitor output:
	1/4 and 1/8 output sockets for headphones or ear bud(s).
	Monitor audio level control knob…plenty of “zorch”
	On/off toggle switch.

No feedback problems as may occur with a powerful monitor speaker.
No monitor audio in the PA mix.
No need for 120V AC
No big monitor speaker or stand to put it on
High Quality……works well.

It is designed for use with portable directional microphones so the boom operator can know what he is picking up.
You might use it directly on your harp mic or on the output of the effects pedal.  You might also need XLR -> 1/4” adapters.

Vern