[Harp-L] plating for chromatic mpc. Silver or Chrome?

Michelle LeFree mlefree@xxxxx
Sat Jan 7 18:25:03 EST 2017

jon kip asked:

> I need to get about twenty round-holed mouthpieces for my hohner deluxes re-plated....can use chrome or silver, and will be cheaper than buying new mpcs.
>
> So what I'm looking for is a type of plating that will be slick, long-lasting, and, if possible, that will give me Eternal Life.
>
> But I  will settle for very slick and long-lasting, if that Eternal Life thing isn't workable.
>
> So Chrome or Silver?

Jon, as I suspect you know, the late Douglas Tate, World Harmonica
Champion, world-class classical performer, author, firearm engraving
authority, harmonica technician to Larry Reilly and inventor and maker
of the Renaissance chromatic swore by silver.

And I'm sure you have them but I can heartily recommend Doug's books on
"Making Your Harmonica Work Better" and "Play the Harmonica Well" to
those who don't already own them. They are both packed with information,
still valid after all these years.

Michelle