[Harp-L] Curious about how the group feel about buying used harps and cleanliness

Bob Boyd bboyd@xxxxx
Wed Jan 4 08:03:18 EST 2017

I use a polident densure tablet in warm water in the ultrasonic cleaner and
then rinse them out under the faucet, tap the excass water out and leave
them on the counter to dry. Have done this for many years.

Bob "The Captain" Boyd
Texas Tide Band
www.texastide.com
210-494-1118
bboyd1118 at xxxxx

-----Original Message-----
From: Harp-L [mailto:harp-l-bounces at xxxxx] On Behalf Of Tin Lizzie
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2017 8:32 PM
To: harp-l at xxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Curious about how the group feel about buying used
harps and cleanliness

I would like to hear more about ultrasonic cleaners.  I have a "household
use" one that I bought decades ago, and I would be hard pressed to say that
it does more than just buzz for three minutes.

Is there some magic cleaning solution that you have to add?  How about dish
detergent?  Brands or types that are known to be effective or bogus?

Does anyone swear by them, or is there maybe some placebo effect going on?
(I'm all for the placebo effect, but I like to know when I'm getting it...)

Vern, you got any science about this for us?

Tin Lizzie