[Harp-L] Seydel releases Tony Eyers Major Cross harmonica

Robert Hale robert@xxxxx
Tue Feb 7 23:24:25 EST 2017

On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 7:25 PM, <philharpn at xxxxx> wrote:

> I disagree that the purpose of cross harp is bending. The real purpose of
> cross harp is to focus on draw notes.

​Yes, and culturally, the catalog of music is largely 2P [cross harp]. Yes,
bending occurs in other positions, blow AND draw notes. But MOST of what we
hear on hit records, commercials, movies, and TV themes is 2P, Blow 6 and
BELOW. That's what players say they want to sound like​. They speak of that
"bluesy, wailing sound."

So, I guess to each his own on this point.
I don't know who can claim to be the definitive "Definer-in-Chief" of the
"real purpose."

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL