[Harp-L] Seydel releases Tony Eyers Major Cross harmonica

Dennis Michael Montgomery gaulay2@xxxxx
Sun Feb 5 12:01:59 EST 2017

Something here does't make sense. I thought the idea of playing cross harp was to get that bluesy sound of the blues and/or that high lonesome sound of blugrass by bending the notes. Is this new tuning going to allow you to get that? If the player wants to play in G without the trouble of bending why not get a harmonica in G or High G and play straight harp? If that doesn't suit you perhaps the Seydel spiral tune or the Orchestra S?

I don't see the advantage of this tuning and think it is silly.