[Harp-L] Electro-Harmonix SYNTH9 Synthesizer Machine - YouTube

Vern jevern@xxxxx
Sun Apr 30 16:11:30 EDT 2017

Try before you buy.  Harmonica waveforms have many more higher frequency and stronger overtones than do guitar waveforms.  In many harmonica tones the fundamental is weaker than the higher harmonics.  It would be unwise to assume that the SYNTH9 can handle harmonica waveforms in the same way it handles those of the guitar.

This device might work well with magnetic pickups in the harmonica that produce mainly the fundamental sinusoid of the reed motion. Normal harmonica tones include the higher overtones produced by the sharp cut-off/on of air flow as the reed enters and leaves the slot.

Vern