[Harp-L] Seeking career advice: How to market as versatile harp?

Robert Hale robert@xxxxx
Tue Apr 25 11:26:28 EDT 2017

​I have not been successful at marketing myself as the valued "4th piece"
in a band.​

DIGITECH
My sounds are largely inspired by Richard Hunter's RP patches over the
years, with big keyboard sounds of B3 Leslie organ, funky wah envelope
filter, octave-down in the Tenor sax range, and clean to crunchy tube amps.

ADDED VALUE
Also added last year the Electro Harmonix Mel9 pedal with VERY effective
strings,orchestra, and solo flute sounds! (Recommended)
The organ and string section are especially effective with Spiral tuning
for full major and minor melody choices, no roadblocks of the standard
diatonic tuning.

STIGMA
My Sax and Fiddle player friends are working duos. How can I get the call
instead?

SEE ME, HEAR ME
I am out 2 and 3 times a week to 10 different jams and open mics. I
continue to meet new players, and occasionally pick up a gig. The music
always seems enthusiastically appreciated by host band and audience. I have
made sampler videos to YouTube showcasing these sounds. A regular weekly
band schedule is one lifestyle, but also interested in local music theater
and becoming the on-call guy in town for touring groups.

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL
DUKEofWAIL.com